Job ID: 212
Location: Henrico VA
Summit Human Capital is seeking a Senior Manager of Network Engineering to join a Fortune 500 company in Richmond, VA. This is a FULL-TIME PERMANENT opportunity. This candidate must have an extensive background previously as a hands-on Network Engineer and now managing a Networking team for the last few years within both infrastructure and DevOps environments. The ideal candidate will also meet the following criteria:
• 3+ years of experience using agile and waterfall methodologies to lead projects
• 3+ years of experience managing teams
• Experience with Distributed Enterprise Networks (Cisco, VMware, or Nutanix environment)
• Previous hands-on experience with wired and wireless networks, LAN, WAN, routing protocols, routers, switches, firewall administration, MPLS, Private Line, VPN, DNS/DHCP, load balancing and SSL.
• DevOps experience including CI/CD and transformation
• Work with Sr IT leadership on project plans including identifying project scope and resources, to set long-term goals for business’ network solutions. Monitor the project process throughout.
• Manage technical Associates on networking team and utilize technical knowledge to provide guidance where needed, including the areas of wireless and wired networks (WAN and LAN), routing protocols, routers, switches, firewall administration, MPLS, Private Line, VPN, DNS/DHCP, load balancing and SSL.
• Review network changes implemented by Network Services to verify proper implementation of new networks, systems, hardware, and software.
• Manage network devices including routers, switches, firewalls, and load balancers.
• Assess talent by identifying high performing individuals and any gaps on team. Provide training and extra resources where needed.
• Mentor team members and provide guidance in terms of innovation and solving complex problems.
• Forecast project resources including vendors, technologies and training, and staffing needs to meet business objectives.
• Responsible for team’s budget, including procurement of products and services, and ROI.
• Evaluate system utilization and recommend new system features when needed.
• Communication with team on their goals, how they align with Sr IT Leadership’s goals, and if they are meeting company standards periodically.