Director of Information Security
Job ID: 500
Location: Richmond VA
Summit Human Capital is seeking a highly motivated Director of Information Security to support one of its clients in the Higher Education space. The right individual should have an Information Security/ Project Management background and have a passion to learn, grow, and advance in their career. This will be a Direct Hire opportunity supporting the various business units to gameplan and execute necessary information security measures.
• 5+ Years in the Information Security Industry
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or Information systems
• Current CISSP Certification or equivalent certification
• Windows or Linux System Administration experience.
• Extensive Project Management experience with Information Security
• Strong Leadership and Personal skills to be able to make decisions on best information security practices
• Located in the Greater Richmond, VA area
• Knowledge of key practices including HIPAA, FERPA, GLBA, GDPR, and PCI.
• Experience developing and leading security workshops/presentations
• Partner with Executives and other business units to ensure security and compliance
• Spearhead an Information Security Committee to develop strategic requirements to minimize and mitigate risk
• Manage one direct report and the security software systems
• Communicate with vendors and the VP’s to consult them on the best security practices
• Looking for security weaknesses by reviewing reports and looking at logs, while addressing security issues as they come up
Submit Your Resume For This Position